This website uses its own cookies and cookies from third-party providers to analyse usage behaviour and measure reach. More information and deactivation options.

1. Credit for Gas and District Heating Customers

As a short-term measure, the government has decided that gas and district heating suppliers will issue credit to their customers based on the amount of their advance payment for December 2022. This credit will be issued to Deutsche Wohnen as the landlord. Deutsche Wohnen will automatically deduct this amount from the next ancillary expense bill that you receive in 2023.

The relief will be financed from federal funds.

2. Gas/Heating Price Cap

As further relief, the German government wants to cap the price of gas/heat to 80% of users’ consumption, based on last year’s levels. This will begin in March, with retroactive effect from January 1, 2023. Prices will be capped at 12 cents (gross) per kilowatt hour for gas and 9.5 cents (gross) per kilowatt hour for heat. The remaining 20 percent of consumption will be charged at the current market price.

Use Less, Save More

Though these measures will help counteract the high prices, you can also contribute by reducing your consumption and thus your costs. On our website you can find easy and effective energy-saving tips. You can also adjust your prepayment amount.

To the energy saving tips

Frequently Asked Questions

Deutsche Wohnen pays utility bills from energy providers in advance and settles them with tenants as part of the next heating bill. As your landlord, Deutsche Wohnen will receive your credit and automatically deduct it from your next ancillary expenses bill. You will receive this in 2023 and therefore do not need to do anything.

Only 80 percent of the previous year’s consumption will be covered by the planned gas price cap. This means that you will pay the regular price for the remaining 20 percent. Despite the gas price cap and household energy savings, we therefore expect costs to increase by around 65 percent. It is therefore still important to reduce your consumption and to save electricity and gas.

This also helps ensure a reliable supply in Germany. What’s more, with every kilowatt hour you save, you’re contributing to the energy revolution and helping protect the environment.

Experts agree that energy, as well as gas and oil, will continue to get more expensive. Global political developments such as the war in Ukraine will cause prices to increase even further. As a large company, Deutsche Wohnen is able to purchase many services at competitive prices. However, we cannot avoid higher costs in the energy sector. We therefore advise tenants to reasonably reduce their consumption, adjust ancillary expenses, and build up additional reserves if possible.

We assure our tenants that no one will lose their home due to high energy prices. If you have concerns, please get in touch with us – we’ll find a solution together!

Customer service for our tenants

Let us know your concerns via the following contact channels.

Digitally via the
DeuWo Digital App

Via email kundenservice(at)

By phone at +49 30 89786-0
Monday to Friday from 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

B&O repair hotline +49 30 89786-901
The repair department for emergencies can be reached 24 hours a day.

More about costumer service

Service for rental inquiries