The steps to your new home
Once you have found an apartment that you would like to view, send us a message via our contact form.
You can also simply give us a call: +49 (0)30 897 860.
We will get in touch with you as soon as possible. We will be happy to provide you with information about the next steps and invite you to a viewing.
You can then see the apartment of your dreams up close. Our staff will be happy to answer your questions.
If our apartment has won you over and you would like to apply for it, we need a few documents from you as soon as possible:
- the completed original ‘Self-declaration’ form
- copies of proof of income for the last three months or current pension statement
- copy of personal ID with the following details: name, current registered address, date and place of birth, validity of the document. Please black out all other information for data protection purposes. Or: a copy of your valid passport and your current registration certificate.
- original rent absorption certificate from the social security office/job centre (where applicable)
- for public housing, your original valid certificate of entitlement to public housing (WBS)
- declaration confirming no rental arrears from your previous landlord or suitable evidence of your regular rental payments
- completed original ‘SCHUFA clause’ form
We will need some time to examine your documents. We will then get in touch with you as soon as possible. If you get the green light for your new apartment, we will discuss any outstanding issues with you. If all of our (and your) questions have been answered, we will draw up the rental contract and agree a date to sign it.
We will then sign the rental contract for your new home together – usually at one of our on-site service points. Once the contract has been signed, we will agree a date for handing over the keys.
A Deutsche Wohnen team member is in charge of the apartment handover. At the property handover, you will receive the keys from us, and we will complete the handover report together. You will then have all the documents you need to sign up with your suppliers (such as electricity and gas) and the registration office before the rental period begins. And there you have it!